Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt at Komaba Park




We have had the most beautiful weather in Tokyo this week. It has been warm and not too windy, perfect weather for the end of sakura viewing. The blossoms go so fast.

We live in a neighborhood that has a strong expat tradition of a big Easter Egg Hunt and picnic in the local park called Komaba Park. This past week I received an email from the
 Neighbourhood News giving the details on the egg hunt, and where to drop off the filled eggs (12 per child that you bring). So I signed up Michael and Sam, and went to hunt for plastic Easter eggs, because my own incredibly valuable plastic eggs are in STORAGE somewhere in Maryland. 

I am just kicking myself for not bringing some of this stuff. I ended up buying a pack of 48 plastic eggs for over 2000¥. Around $20US for plastic eggs! Ah well, we live and learn. I will make sure that when we are sent back to the US that I bequeath my plastic eggs to an expat family.
So the eggs are stuffed and dropped off. A picnic is prepared. And it is a beautiful day at Komaba Park. The kids had a great time hunting for eggs, playing picnic games, and just enjoying the last of the cherry blossoms. 

4 comments:

  1. me gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario visita tu el mio y si te gusta nos acemos seguidores de los blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, chanced upon your blog and am glad I did :) Am trying to send you an email but apparently, it doesn't work - is pamhuxtable@mac.com correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry - looked at my profile and corrected my email address. The .mac address is for IMing only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's great, i'll send u an email now :)

    ReplyDelete